TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
It's easy to put House Call Computer Service into action for you! Just call House Call Computer Service at 804-569-6280 or email House Call Computer Service, or CLICK HERE to make an appointment now!
Payment options? Your choice! We accept your personal or business check & cash, as well as major credit cards: Note: There will be a $35.00 bounced check charge for ANY checks returned unpaid for ANY Reason. Payment Terms and Agreement
Below are important plain language highlights of our Pricing Terms and Agreement. (to view a full copy of the Agreement, scroll down past these highlights):
- There is a fixed site visit fee (service Call Charge) of $50 for the visit by our Technicians. This fee covers getting your Technician onsite only and does not count towards the charge for technical services.
- Our service charge is $18.75 per 15 minutes of service (75.00 per hour)
- With a minimum visit of 30 minutes, the total minimum cost would be $87.50 ($50 + $37.50)
Important Note: All payments are due at the time of service. Please make arrangements to settle up with your Technician with cash, check, or credit card even if you will not personally be present at the time of the visit. The language in our agreement is designed to cover all situations and possibilities even if they are not what you have called on us for (for example, if you call us for tutoring in Microsoft Excel, the language regarding moving furniture and drilling holes in walls is not relevant, however if you call us for installation of Network wiring, it is very relevant)
The release of liability for the condition of your computer is necessary because we come to you not knowing the state of your computer and even a system which seems to be operating normally when we arrive, could be operating in a compromised state or even coincidentally fail during our visit. As such, we must protect ourselves from these chance possibilities.
About Discount Coupons and Special Discounts: House Call Computer Service may from time to time publish discount coupons and promotional discounts. Unless specifically stated otherwise, all promotional discounts and coupons offered by House Call Computer Service are discounts against the site visit fee and cannot be applied to the hourly service charge. As such, the coupons or discounts may only be redeemed when the full $50 site visit fee is charged. Under no circumstances may multiple coupons, discounts or offers be combined against a single billing.
Below is a full copy of our Pricing Terms and Agreement for your review
I/We, ("Customer") agree to the following terms for services rendered by House Call Computer Service. Payment Terms:
Customer agrees to pay a basic visit fee of $50.00 for House Call Computer Service to come to the Customer’s location to make the service call. In addition, Customer agrees to pay a technical services charge of $18.75 per quarter hour for time spent by House Call Computer Service at Customer's site. The $50.00 basic visit fee is not credited towards your technical services charge and is due regardless of the outcome of service. The minimum charge for successful service is $87.50 (basic visit fee plus minimum half hour technical services charge). House Call Computer Service reserves the right to refuse service as well as to change fees and rates at any time without notice.
House Call Computer Service does not provide billing services to Customers. Customer agrees to pay House Call Computer Service for all charges at the time of service.
Release of Liability
Customer agrees to release and hold harmless House Call Computer Service from any and all liability associated with the performance of service or the provision of parts, and acknowledges also that House Call Computer Service offers no explicit or implied warranty or guarantee on services performed or parts provided, other than the manufacturer’s warranty. Further:
- Customer acknowledges that due to the nature of the services being performed, there is potential risk of damage or loss including, but not limited to, damage to Customer's home, office, computer hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, accessories, and furniture, as well as potential risk of damage, corruption, or loss of computer software, applications, data, and data storage media.
- Customer agrees to release and hold harmless House Call Computer Service from all liability for damage or loss as well as any incidental or consequential material or financial damage or loss that may result from the actions of House Call Computer Service, its agents or service representatives.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, access and permission to physically disassemble any and all computer systems, components, networks, cabling, hubs, routers, switches, peripherals, and accessories.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, access, security rights, and permission to open, view, modify, edit, delete, or otherwise manipulate Customer's computer software, applications, data, and data storage media including, but not limited to, the computer Operating System, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, workflow, graphics, audio, video, system drivers and libraries, and any other type of software or data that may be contained on Customer's computer system or network.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, permission to physically access Customer's home or office property where Customer's computer system and/or network resides.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, permission to perform modification to Customer's home or office property for the purpose of installing or troubleshooting computer and/or networking hardware, cabling, hubs, routers, switches or peripherals. Modification may include such practices as drilling through or disassembling furniture, walls, floors, carpet or trim, laying and removing cabling and devices including affixing cabling and devices to furniture, walls, floors, or trim, using nails, screws, staples, hangers, or plastic ties.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, permission to download and/or install software on Customer's computer and/or network, including but not limited to, virus scanners, diagnosis and repair utilities, drivers, libraries, and software requested to be installed by Customer.
- Customer grants House Call Computer Service, its agents and service representatives, permission to install hardware in Customer's computer and/or network, including but not limited to, memory chips, processor chips, cooling fans, batteries, hard drives, tape drives, storage devices, modem and communication devices, audio and video cards, network interface cards, hubs, routers, switches, printers, scanners, cables, and any other hardware requested to be installed by Customer.
- House Call Computer Service strongly recommends that Customer safeguard critical data by backing up said data prior to any services performed by House Call Computer Service. Unless specifically requested and provided as a paid service by House Call Computer Service, Customer is responsible for any backup, archiving, or protective storage as well as restoration if required, of Customer's data. House Call Computer Service is a provider of billable on-site services and does not offer or provide telephone technical support. Neither the signing of this agreement nor the performance of services by House Call Computer Service implies availability of telephone technical support. This document constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and House Call Computer Service. No other agreement, whether verbal or written shall be in effect except if agreed to and authorized in writing.
By accepting service, Customer agrees to all of these terms including, Payment Terms and Release of Liability.