Server Monitoring and Management
Instant Alerts with accurate information so we can fix it fast.
The House Call Computer Service 24x7 Round-the-Clock Monitoring turns conventional IT support on its head. Rather than wait for you to notice that a system has failed – often involving time-consuming ‘systems fiddling’ on your part – our 24x7 monitoring will alert us to problems at your sites. We’ll almost always know about a systems issue before you do, so we can fix it fast and minimize your business disruption.
What is 24x7 Round-the-Clock Monitoring?
24x7 Round-the-Clock monitoring checks your critical systems every five or fifteen minutes at your option. Whenever it sniffs a problem, it sends an email or SMS alert showing the exact nature of the problem directly to us. And it updates our WallChart, a large screen in our office that shows the exact status of all our Clients. We’ll see the true nature of the problem – rather than having to depend on (ahem) your best guess. That means we can fix it faster – and radically boost your overall uptime.
What Does It Check?
Every five minutes, 24x7 Monitoring will…
- Check that your server is up and running.
- Check that you can connect to the internet.
- Check any or all of your Windows® Services, vital components of your server’s operating system. Services provide, well, vital services that allow you to logon to your network, access the internet, even print your work.
- Ping various network devices or remote offices that you need to do your work.
- Check TCP ports on your network, on other networks or at your ISP. If any of these ports are failing to respond, you may be unable to connect and do your job.
- Check disk space to ensure it’s below a set threshold.
- Check RAID devices to ensure that all disks are functioning correctly and data is safe.
- Check your website to ensure it’s up and running and serving your customers.
- Monitor patch management assuring that your computer has the latest security and bug fix patches. We will install them remotely through our Dashboard.
If there’s a problem, we’ll be alerted instantly so we can take specific action to resolve the issue – almost always before you know you have one.
- Specific, informative alerts show us the exact nature of the problem. We can fix it faster.
- Problems are almost always highlighted to us before you even know you have one. Uptime is maximized.
- Alerts are routed to the right technician. He can fix it faster – and do it right the first time.
- Alerts for mission-critical systems can be sent by SMS day or night.
- Costs just “lunch money” per day.
How do I get going?
24x7 Round-the-Clock takes just minutes to set-up, doesn’t require any system reboots and can be protecting your business from downtime today. Contact John Stolte to find out more.